Wednesday, November 02, 2005

PUNCH by Steve Goldsmith

He comes in through the front door and slams it. I know he is in a foul mood again. He thumps down the stairs. The door flies open and smashes the wall – paint cracks and drops to the floor as he flicks the light.

He hits me once and twice, then again, again, again at an increasing pace and ferocity, releasing his pent-up aggression. Pain shoots through me, my body concaved, finding it difficult to breathe.

Finally, the assault is over. The light goes out and he runs up the stairs. He leaves me in too much agony to think straight, swinging helplessly from the wall.

© Steve Goldsmith

Steve is 26, an intrepid traveller, taking temp work (currently in Kent, UK) to save the dosh between travel trips which list so far Denmark, India, Thailand, USA and South Africa. He says, “If I can write something in the morning I tend to feel good for the rest of the day.”
~ ~

No comments: